Fair Play Policy
Principles of Fair Play
1. Respect the rules.
2. Respect the officials and their decisions.
3. Respect your opponent.
4. Give everyone an equal chance to participate.
5. Maintain your self-control at all times.
FAIR PLAY CODE FOR COACHES
1. I will be reasonable when scheduling games and practices remembering that young players have other interest and obligations.
2. I will teach my players to play fairly and to respect the rules, officials and opponents.
3. I will ensure that all players get equal instruction, support and playing times.
4. I will not ridicule or yell at my players for making mistakes or for performing poorly. I will remember that children play to have fun
and must be encouraged to have confidence in themselves.
5. I will make sure that equipment and facilities are safe and match the players ages and abilities.
6. I will remember that children need a coach they can respect. I will be generous with praise and set a good example.
7. I will obtain proper training and continue to upgrade my coaching skills.
FAIR PLAY CODE FOR PARENTS
1. I will not force my child to participate in sports.
2. I will remember that my child plays sports for his or her enjoyment, not for mine.
3. I will encourage my child to play by the rules and resolve conflicts without resorting to hostility or violence.
4. I will teach my child that doing one's best is as important as winning, so that my child will never feel defeated by the outcome of a game/event.
5. I will make my child feel like a winner every time by offering praise for competing fairly and trying hard.
6. I will never ridicule or yell at my child for making a mistake or losing a competition.
7. I will remember that children learn best by example. I will applaud good plays/performances by both my child's team and their opponents.
8. I will never question the officials' judgment of honesty in public.
9. I will support all efforts to remove verbal and physical abuse from children's sporting activities.
10. I will respect and show appreciation for the volunteer coaches who give their time to provide sport activities for my child.
FAIR PLAY CODE FOR ATHLETES
1. I will participate because I want to, not just because my parents or coaches want me to.
2. I will play by the rules, and in the spirit of the game.
3. I will control my temper - fighting and "mouthing off" can spoil the activity for everybody.
4. I will respect my opponents
5. I will do my best to be a true team player.
6. I will remember that winning is not everything - that having fun, improving skills, making friends and doing my best are also important.
7. I will acknowledge all good plays/performances - those of my team and of my opponent.
8. I will remember that coaches and officials are there to help me. I will accept their decisions and show them respect.