The Celtics Soccer Club aims to offer quality recreational and competitive programming options for all persons in Antigonish. We, at the Celtics Club, want to support the development of the whole athlete. We recognize the value of multisport participation and strive to work collaboratively with the HUB and our other community sport organizations to make Antigonish the best sport community in the country.
Registration for our programs happens here on SportHub. See the Programs page for available program opportunities.
|Board Member||Geoff Spenceremail@example.com|
|League Name||League Web Site|
The 2022 recreation season begins May 23 and runs for 10 weeks, wrapping up July 28.
Competitive teams start a little earlier in May and run later throughout the summer.
Antigonish Celtics Soccer will make every attempt to field a full program of soccer but will take into account the following:
Weather – Soccer will not be cancelled for light rain. Cancellations will be left up to the discretion of the Recreation committee and may include the following:
Unseasonably cold/wet conditions
Poor field conditions
Field closure – Any closure of the soccer fields by the Town of Antigonish will result in cancellation of all programs scheduled. Consideration will also be taken for the age group scheduled.
Cancellations will be posted on facebook and instagram and notices to The Hawk/ 98.9 XFM. We will try to post by 5pm
What do House League soccer players wear in the summer?
What should we bring to outdoor soccer?
For our programs to be successful, we need your help. Please consider volunteering in any of the following positions.
If you have other ideas about how you can help, please let us know!
If you're able to help with any of these positions, please contact the club CelticsSoccer@mysporthub.ca
Fair Play Policy
Principles of Fair Play
1. Respect the rules.
2. Respect the officials and their decisions.
3. Respect your opponent.
4. Give everyone an equal chance to participate.
5. Maintain your self-control at all times.
FAIR PLAY CODE FOR COACHES
1. I will be reasonable when scheduling games and practices remembering that young players have other interest and obligations.
2. I will teach my players to play fairly and to respect the rules, officials and opponents.
3. I will ensure that all players get equal instruction, support and playing times.
4. I will not ridicule or yell at my players for making mistakes or for performing poorly. I will remember that children play to have fun
and must be encouraged to have confidence in themselves.
5. I will make sure that equipment and facilities are safe and match the players ages and abilities.
6. I will remember that children need a coach they can respect. I will be generous with praise and set a good example.
7. I will obtain proper training and continue to upgrade my coaching skills.
FAIR PLAY CODE FOR PARENTS
1. I will not force my child to participate in sports.
2. I will remember that my child plays sports for his or her enjoyment, not for mine.
3. I will encourage my child to play by the rules and resolve conflicts without resorting to hostility or violence.
4. I will teach my child that doing one's best is as important as winning, so that my child will never feel defeated by the outcome of a game/event.
5. I will make my child feel like a winner every time by offering praise for competing fairly and trying hard.
6. I will never ridicule or yell at my child for making a mistake or losing a competition.
7. I will remember that children learn best by example. I will applaud good plays/performances by both my child's team and their opponents.
8. I will never question the officials' judgment of honesty in public.
9. I will support all efforts to remove verbal and physical abuse from children's sporting activities.
10. I will respect and show appreciation for the volunteer coaches who give their time to provide sport activities for my child.
FAIR PLAY CODE FOR ATHLETES
1. I will participate because I want to, not just because my parents or coaches want me to.
2. I will play by the rules, and in the spirit of the game.
3. I will control my temper - fighting and "mouthing off" can spoil the activity for everybody.
4. I will respect my opponents
5. I will do my best to be a true team player.
6. I will remember that winning is not everything - that having fun, improving skills, making friends and doing my best are also important.
7. I will acknowledge all good plays/performances - those of my team and of my opponent.
8. I will remember that coaches and officials are there to help me. I will accept their decisions and show them respect.
|Facility||Date||Start Time||End Time||Total Minutes||Schedule Description|